- Rivoner increases the immune defense of the ostrich by activating the functions of cells of the immune system such as macrophages, neutrophils, dendritic cells, and natural killer cells to help them to overcome different infections and reduce mortality rate.
- Rivoner plays a great role in enhancing cellular immunity through its role in enhancing maturation of T-lymphocytes and activation of B-lymphocytes by inducing thymulin activity which is a thymic hormone that regulates lymphocyte maturation and therefore improve immunity in ostrich
- Rivoner has a considerable role in enhancing the immune response due to its role in improvement of total serum protein especially globulin protein through enhancing liver functions.
- Rivoner helps ostrich during stress by decreasing the level of cortisol and its immunosuppressive effect and its effect on inhibiting the production and actions of antibodies and lymphocyte function.
- Rivoner enhances enteric immunity through improving production of IgA mainly in peyer’s patches which blocks receptors and reduces the number of pathogenic bacteria in the intestinal lumen.