- Biotrix is a promising formula that contains species of beneficial bacteria that has a great role in biodegradation of aromatic mycotoxins due to their broad catabolic versatility and unique enzymatic capabilities.
- Biotrix reduces aflatoxins toxicity by degradation of coumarin which is the aromatic structural base of aflatoxins and prevents its transportation across the body, they can also protect against aflatoxins side effects such as reductions in transepithelial resistance and DNA damage.
- Biotrix biodegrades ochratoxins via the hydrolysis of the ochratoxins amide group followed by the release of ochratoxin α and L-β-phenylalanine which are non-toxic.
- Biotrix has a hepatoprotective activity due to its role in maintaining the antioxidant balance in the body, preventing fat accumulation on the liver, and helping in regeneration of hepatocytes which are affected by mycotoxicosis.
- Biotrix protects ostriches against oxidative stress that is caused by mycotoxicosis by increasing superoxide dismutase activity and glutathione tissue concentration and inhibiting lipid peroxidation.